Type of Artist:
Talks and readings
DetailsPreferred age range:
Primary Schools: Years 3-6
Secondary Schools: Years 7-9
Maximum number in any one session:
No of sessions per day:
2 sessions per day in person
3 sessions per day online
50 mins in person + signings
40 mins online
Areas prepared to travel to:
Price to include travel
Please email us for details
Hold PLI (public liability insurance):
The Jamie Johnson Series:
Born To Play
Skills From Brazil
The Kick Off
Shoot To Win
Man of the Match
'You really managed to inspire a whole range of ages, boys and girls, from Year 7 through to Sixth Formers'
Vivienne Whitehead, Gordon's School
‘I can’t speak highly enough of Dan’s involvement with our U11s last season. They thoroughly enjoyed the build up to his visit and the day itself. They were all fully engaged with every aspect of the initiative and are looking forward to his next visit and the continuing sagas of JJ. The biggest outcome from our perspective has been the boys’ engagement with reading for pleasure and how this has impacted on their written and creative work. As you will all know, it can be very difficult to enthuse boys in reading but this has provided us with a forum within which we have an opportunity to convince them how enjoyable and beneficial reading can be.’
Sue Parris, Education, Welfare and Player Services Manager, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
'How rewarding it is to witness Dan in action! .... Dan was given the objective to inspire our boys to write and that was most certainly achieved during his writing workshops. Dan’s introductory talk hooked the children and left them thirsty for more.'
Mr. Beatty, Sheen Mount Primary School
Reviews from Schools on Unstoppable Tour
- Absolutely one of the most successful and farthest-reaching author visits we’ve ever had.
- We sold out of books and had to take orders. The signing queue stretched right down the street outside of the signing venue and it took well over an hour to get through everyone. A lot of these weren’t students you ever dreamed of seeing buying a book for themselves!
- Sometimes at an author event students are a bit nervous to ask questions. Our students could have sat asking and listening all day. They were hooked! Dan has a real talent for engaging with young people.
- By the time I’d cleared up after the event and got back to the library every single Dan Freedman book (Unstoppable AND Jamie Johnson) had been snapped up on loan and I’ve had to order more copies. There are still no copies on the shelves, I just can’t keep up with demand.
- It’s been fantastic to walk along the English corridors in the days and weeks after the event and see students engrossed in Unstoppable - or to see them take the book out of their bag in the library. Some of those students would never previously have dreamt of tackling a book as long - or as challenging - as Unstoppable.
- I have never seen a group of that size so quiet and interested when we’ve had a speaker before. Pupils who don’t like reading, pupils who don’t like football – every single young person in the room was listening intently. The feedback I’ve had from pupils and parents has been amazing. The pupils have been inspired and even our reluctant readers were excited by their signed copies of the book. It was a wonderful afternoon. Thank you.
Good for everyone, including the naughty and sporty!