Type of Artist:
Performance poet, author and entertainer
- Poetry Writing and/or performance workshops
- Full assembly and class performances
- Carpet readings for the very young
- Book sales & signings
- Planning and hosting slam events
- Presentation skills courses for secondary students
- Teaching poetry Made Easy INSET sessions for staff
- Themes - I’ve yet to find a theme I can’t use for a poetry writing workshop but I have many tried and tested ones including food, superheroes, animals, gothic/horror, Shakespeare, seasons, colours, favourite places, space, countries, people etc.
DetailsPreferred age range:
Nursery to adult
No of sessions per day:
Very flexible but a typical day is 4-5 hourly sessions, an assembly and a book sale/signing but I can run sessions from 15 mins to whole day, depending on your needs.
See above but it's YOUR day – use me as you wish and I will deliver so long as I have the normal breaks for my voice that most teachers have.
Areas prepared to travel to:
I work mainly in London, but also S.E. England and possibly further so long as it does not prevent me from working the day before or after the job I have travelled to.
Please email us for details
Please indicate which author you are interested in
Current DBS and £5m Public Liability Insurance
Neal Zetter website
The Universal Zoo (The Conservation Place at the Far End of Space)
When the Bell Goes (A Rapping, Rhyming Trip through Childhood)
Gorilla Ballerina (A Bonkers Book of Animal Poetry)
Invasion of the Supervillains (Raps and Rhymes to Worry the Galaxy)
Here Come the Superheroes (Raps and Rhymes to Save the Galaxy)
Yuck & Yum (A Feast of Funny Food Poems) - with Joshua Seigal
Bees in My Bananas
It's Not Fine to Sit on a Porcupine
When visiting schools, Neal can bring his poetry books for sale and signing if you wish - details can be provided. Neal asks schools to support an author and, if possible, buy his books directly from him. He’ll be happy to sign and dedicate each one. If this isn’t possible, copies can be purchased (unsigned) from most other book wholesalers and retailers.
"The feedback was very positive - teachers were in awe of the outcome!"
Maureen Okoye, Headteacher, Davies Lane Primary, Leytonstone, London
"Neal visited our school on World Book Day. Children thoroughly enjoyed the poetry workshops and were inspired to write some very creative poems that they loved sharing with the rest of the school. Teachers remarked how motivating Neal was to get them enthused and writing."
Silvana Lewis, Lit Coord, Stag Lane Primary, Harrow, London
John Sawh, Headteacher, Goose Green Primary, East Dulwich, London
"Neal has been running workshops for us for the last six years. He has worked with groups of KS3 and KS4 students referred for weak motivation, low confidence, poor behaviour, social communication or other needs. He has engaged and motivated every group and the outcome has always been a booklet of poetry that they are extremely proud of."
Penelope Osborne, Communications Centre Learning Mentor, Lampton High, Hounslow, London.
Neal Zetter Amazon site
Neal's books are available
- Directly from Neal to tie in with school and library visits - see cccpworkshops.co.uk
- Neal's Amazon.co.uk Author Page
- all major retailers such as Waterstones, Foyles, WH Smith etc
- all major suppliers such as Askew & Holts, Gardners, Bertram etc